Trivia Tuesday 9/22/2026 Gus/Lauren/Ian



Manager Communication: The old linen company I guess left a coat rack behind that ended up outside the MOD office which I guess then ended up inside the liquor room, so yesterday Chef Jared said just throw it out. I took it to bar storage with Rebecca since I think it is useful for private events as a divider and it is of good quality. -LB
The Tuesday FWWM special button and the Trivia special button specifically are NOT PRINTING during trivia. So another weird issue.-LB

Aside from some weird snafus with food items being dropped at the wrong tables, and some missing or improperly routed buttons, our first Toast Trivia went off without too many hitches. Becca and Christine are just so fantastic to have on the floor during busy Trees events and Lauren stuck around super late getting stuff done for upcoming stuff and also being able to jump in to change kegs or grab stuff for the bars. Great teamwork on the management side tonight. - IP
I reset the lobby handheld as per the instructions for Trivia, and as I am first in tomorrow I will make sure the handheld is routed and printing correctly for service. - IP

BAR Staff Observations: Knibbs is the man and definitely knows Toast well from his other jobs, just getting used to our layout. Had some issues with weird possible double sends and some problems, but not terrible for a first go of it. Lydia was a great and calm presence at the service well. Darius rolling with it. 

The team made it look really easy tonight on the bar side of things. Knibbs gets a huge gold star - handled all the pre-authing, ordering, table numbering and check outs like he'd been using this POS the whole time. There were however some glaring issues with the performance from the runner team assigned to Trees lounge. Mohammed in particular was all over the place. I stopped to go through what to look for on the tickets and how to differentiate between a red table flag and one of the assigned trivia tables, but we still had several items either delivered to the wrong table or given up on entirely. Mohammed seems very eager to jump in, but his lack of focus on the tasks at hand proved to be frustrating, time consuming and wasteful this evening. I double and triple checked to make sure that the food items had been rung in correctly, and almost without exception the tickets had been entered correctly (there were one or two bar-top orders that had no seat number attached, but the bartender who ordered them successfully intercepted the runners and got the food to the correct guest).
On top of this, at the end of the night "Shadow Realm" was a mess. The station had been wiped but the floor was littered with popcorn and detritus. Just need to be a little more thorough going forward. - IP

FOH Staff Observations: After observing Mohammed being a goofball a number of times today, I had to rein him at DW2.  Glad to see the comfortable feeling that has overcome him from being here but a professional demeanor would be ideal. Eating over a service station. I told him to change his gloves. -LB

I think our team has held it together really well but I do see the frustration getting to some of them so I think it was a massive plus to push the menu change.  If maybe doing something cool like ordering pizza this weekend for family meal is in a budget that might lift spirits too.-LB

Special Events?
Trivia was a banger. Duan was magnificent on the floor. Darius and Tevon and Lydia held it down behind the bar and are definitely getting the hang of the handhelds - which make service at Trees lounge MUCH easier. Once all of the kinks are worked out on the back end, and the muscle memory is acquired, I think we'll start to see light at the end of this tunnel. - IP

Prep List: Barbarella & Serial Mom Cheaters are done.-LB

Pay Outs:  Did a Cinema discount in theater 3 for the event for the check.-LB

Ordering/Receiving/Shipping: US foods coming tomorrow.-LB

Maintenance: I get the impression the leak at lobby bar was found and I am excited it is not in my head. I put the OUT OF ORDER sign on the customer facing water fountain.-LB


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 11.22.25 Wicked Day 3 Jenn/Lauren

Jesse Sunday 1.5

Sunday 08.23.2026 Ian/Jenn