Sunday 09.20.2026 Ian/Lauren



Manager Communication:
Got in at 8:30 to try to resolve the frozen machine issue. More in maintenance below. Opened up with no issue. Rainy day drove ticket sales up quite a bit. Staffing has been on point.  
Greg sold five gift cards to a guest doling them out as wrap presents for a short film (how cute!) but didn't make sure to get the CVV cards of the gift cards he gave out. Fortunately, he got the email of the person giving out the gift cards, so we just have to email him and ask him to send the numbers and CVV's so we can activate the cards. Very annoying, but easily solvable. Greg knows to make sure to get all of the information on the clipboard - it just wasn't readily available, so he took down the info he remembered but forgot the CVV. - IP
My personal muscle memory for the Toast interface is coming back, the love/hate of certain things as well. But developing some speed for things like staff discounts and orders which is good because those can be time consuming. All in all, we are getting there.-LB

Last night there was a tab that had a Gansett that was red on it at Trees lounge. I printed and saved the check, but I can't find it in my bag now. Thought that was odd. Sorry I don't have the order details. However it seems today the kitchen ticket problems have been resolved.-LB

Customer Comments: This guy had an issue with Michael in the lobby around 7pm. I had arrived to check in with Sam who was in the rest room. The guy seemed someone inebriated and didn't really want to listen to Michael's help as he was gunning to get his next drink. He had a woman and a young child with him. Later I saw him waiting to get into the R rated resident evil and he was being cagey about it.  I had gone up to warn whatever theater he was going to that he was a little drunk and also extremely rude. While he was in line I told him his kid was too young to attend that screening.  He didn't necessarily understand me but they eventually left.-LB

BAR Staff Observations:
Nat and Greg opened up. Patrick in at 1 for a big afternoon rush in the upstairs theaters. Duan in at 2 as the walk-in ticketing was beginning to pick up. Sam came in at 3:45 and after spelling everyone and restocking, Greg got outta here around 4:30. BIIIG drink rushes for the sold out theaters, and as the servers acclimate to Toast, we're gonna have to be conscious of slowing down our pace at the service pass. - IP
Bar team is really crushing it. Working it out well and asking good questions. Doing our best to help servers at their pace.  Keeping the anxiety levels at a good level is also important. Sam mentioned absorbing a lot of anxiety downstairs at Lobby bar.  We do have a lot of empaths in the building and I know that not being able to help in these situations can stress people out. I emphasized that Sam is super helpful with toast and has a great energy to spread around. We are all just doing the best we can.-LB

FOH Staff Observations: Fine points of issues going over with servers but keeping it positive, the learning curve is there. Alex M being a really helpful lead right now. -LB

Hiring/Training:

Sick Leave/ Call outs:

Special Events?

Staff Meeting Agenda notes:

86ed / counts on items:

Prep List:
I made 16qt of Arbol Tequila and four Fro-Co's. - IP
Rewrote do not batch on paper as it is long. Using plain heavy cream in the ISI now to just facilitate not wasting alcohol and ISI chargers on the Iced Irish coffee.-LB
Do not batch list may change due to new information, will update tomorrow ahead of batch shift.-LB

R&D comp checks:

Over/Short on Banks:

Pay Outs:

Lost & Found?:
Lots of umbrellas. - IP

Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:  Coffee arrived.-LB 
To Rise brought everything except Nufoam which will arrive 9/23.-LB
Baldor tomorrow and Union-LB

Maintenance:
I have done everything the internet says needs to be done to replace the part. I have turned the machine on and refilled it a little bit with FroCo and FWWM to see if it's working. If there is no improvement, we'll need to get someone to look at it who knows what they're doing. - IP
Update: Now neither chamber is freezing. There are no alarms or weird flashing lights, and after many hours, both have begun to slush a little bit, but they are not frozen. I can try to replace the other temperature gauge too, but now I think there might be a different issue I do not understand. I will be doing some research about the machines and on Wednesday I'm going to come in earlier than usual and see if I can get it fixed, but we might need to get some other eyes on this. 
So update #2: The Froco is freezing. Around the time Ian was taking off tonight it was slushy. The FWWM is not, so I suspect this thermal gel is magic. Will keep eyes on it.-LB
The end of the night the Froco was not frozen. So I suspect the coolant needs to be topped off in this unit but either way if Gus has a number for a company, which I think he does, we can probably get them in easier now that it is not peak frozen machine season.-LB

Toast Issues:  
Filmbot Issues:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 11.22.25 Wicked Day 3 Jenn/Lauren

Jesse Sunday 1.5

Sunday 08.23.2026 Ian/Jenn