Saturday 09.26.26 Jenn/Lauren
Manager Communication:
The rain definitely kept post-movie crowds chilling at Trees, which kept the space just as busy as the theaters. Lots of big crowds, a couple of impromptu parties, but nothing ever became too overwhelming. Service was pretty constant after 1:00pm though. Looks like we sold just over 2400 tickets, which is a busy busy day all around. JH
After bars were shut down, it sounded like a keg fell in the walk-in, no one was in there. Nothing fell and the beer line is clicking slowly non-stop. I tried to get it to stop. I don't know why it started. No one ran the draft lines. -LB
Customer Comments:
BAR Staff Observations:
Greg+ Tevon did a great job setting themselves up for success throughout the first round, and both bars were able to do a quick restock once Lydia got in. Greg is becoming a Lobby Bar brunch machine, and both Tevon + Lydia made quick work of a very busy bar and service passes.
Once Jeshua was set up to close downstairs, Greg came up to Trees to help get them through the first part of the dinner rush and stocked them up on glassware and water cups before heading out. Tevon prepped garnishes for closers and openers tomorrow before he got out of here. It was pretty nonstop at the service passes from 4:30pm onwards, and all bartenders did a great job cycling in and out of positions during service. JH
Lydia's first observed moment in the pass putting out tickets for themselves they were all over the place with realizing the numbers are not instinctual. This is why expo-ing for drink rushes especially with both big theaters open is sort of major now. I told them that is why I was pulling the tickets. They will get used to the change but it is definitely not intuitive.
FOH Staff Observations:
Conner was a one-man glass washing+stocking machine throughout brunch, even while working very busy screenings in Th4/6. JH
Lots of heart today but the entire team is wearing thin. This is hard and there is not much support. We could definitely have another manager in the building today. It feels like we could have staffed more deliberate support for the weekends after we got Toast. Burnout seems inevitable and illness definitely likely. A lot of call outs and illness going around the team.
Shout out to Moe tonight as he was bussing Trees like a total boss. I hit him with a token, he was totally on point focused and a total help with glassware. Really appreciated, not asked for, he just grabbed a tray and grabbed empties.-LB
Hiring/Training:
Sick Leave/ Call outs:
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
86ed / counts on items:
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping: US foods coming Monday-LB
Maintenance: Jimmy came last night to fix lobby leak. Saw him as I was leaving and we had a nice chat. -LB
Toast Issues:
Hiring/Training:
Sick Leave/ Call outs:
Sam text me around noon to let me know that they would be calling out sick today, as they think they may have the flu. They also may need to call out tomorrow. I've looped in bar managers for tonight and tomorrow and we have discussed potential solutions. For today, I pushed Lydia's in-time back thirty minutes, which should keep Trees pretty well staffed through the later rounds. 7Shifts updated. JH
Special Events:
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
Daytime definitely had a lot of kids, both in the theaters and at Trees. There were a couple of big drink spills throughout the morning, but I was able to mop them up. Opening bar manager should definitely be checking the custodian closet to make sure they are set with a clean mop and Wet Floor signs. Also, bar goes through a lot more water cups than usual, due to the kid's drinks. JH
Family meal was completely gone thirty minutes after it was brought up. As Trees was nonstop from 4:30-6:00pm, none of the bartenders at Trees (and several servers + runners + managers) ate family meal, which was a bummer since it was mostly folks who had just finished an extended service rush in Th1/2. JH*
Ruben made chili with potato skins that Wyatt and I brought up around 10:10. An amazing relief to many hungry employees. The kitchen was rocked today just like the rest of the building. -LB
There is not an outside cake fee for $3 a person which Chenelle emailed about either, I saw a group that had cake and just charged the woman $45 under events somehow. These issues in the moment are really hard to manage as we are constantly juggling 17 things-LB
We need to consider a bar back at Trees or something needs to change. from a functional standpoint for busy weekends like this. We cannot function by pulling hot glassware out of a rack to pour beer. Racks of dishes coming down right before a rush is not tenable to service. We cannot make drinks if we don't have glasses. The servers are likely not bussing with the same efficiency due to Toast but it is a mess. Trees lounge cannot be exclusively bussed by bar managers. The bar team does not have time to even leave the bar on a day like today. Megan told me they used to bus when they dropped checks and now they don't as much, which obviously will increase as they grow comfortable with this POS, but there are definitely times we just need hands that are working invisibly for the bar team behind the bar so they can serve. -LB
86ed / counts on items:
86'd Cab Sauv. The new Pinot Noir has debuted behind the bar. JH
Put a count on High Noon since Empire decided not to show yesterday.-LB
Prep List:
Prep List:
Made some more Princess Peach before the first round got going. GF Soda kicked around 1:00pm, so I was able to make another keg + start charging it (remove from charge at 12:30am). I started another GF Oleo since after I made the new keg we did not have enough for another Soda. I am closing Monday and can definitely juice the naked grapefruits then. Also made a big Simple Syrup. JH
Tevon knocked out a Bloody Mary and citrus/Bloody Mary garnishes for both bars before getting out of here this evening, which was super helpful for the later part of the day as we were down a bartender. JH
We need more Paloma cheaters, I will make a full batch tonight and let's say that is the last summer batch.
I would like to 86 Iced IRISH COFFEE once the cheaters we have working are gone.
Gus can you make 2 Froco with the syrup we have in the walk-in. I do not want to cut open a large box of Coke syrup to get us through tomorrow so IF WE NEED FROCO TOMORROW just run the gun and pour it in the machine. Run the gun and pour that in the machine!
I ordered one more box of the small coke syrup for Monday. -LB
R&D comp checks:
Over/Short on Banks:
Pay Outs: $40 kitchen trail under kitchen something or other.-LB
R&D comp checks:
Over/Short on Banks:
Pay Outs: $40 kitchen trail under kitchen something or other.-LB
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping: US foods coming Monday-LB
Maintenance: Jimmy came last night to fix lobby leak. Saw him as I was leaving and we had a nice chat. -LB
Toast Issues:
We do not have an Outside Dessert Fee button, so I rang in a $25 for one under Open Food. This did push it to print at all printers, which may mean we need to assign printers for open items like that. JH
Adding a seat to FWWM as the first item on the ticket does a weird thing spatially that kind of makes it ignorable. So much so I did it twice after pulling it back. I will email this to Gil so maybe we abbreviate frozen to (frzn) or something. It is minor but I guarantee it will happen over and over, just causes it to stay up top and not with the rest of the drinks.
Same thing with servers being instructed to hit repeat rather than use the plus sign to add extra items. So it does not say 2 Diet Coke but rather Diet Coke Diet Coke. We just need to have a consistent situation or items will be missed. -LB
Filmbot Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Comments
Post a Comment