Saturday 09.19.26 Jenn/Lauren
Manager Communication:
Mellow morning. Sales definitely picked up for the later rounds, with Resident Evil doing pretty well in the big theaters. JH
I mentioned routing to the team on the bottom floor and Katherine asked about check printing. I assured them they could still print checks at lobby bar, just to be mindful of closing that door once no one is present for the sake of safety. Perhaps touching on this at the meeting on Thursday noting that the 3/5 side doesn't automatically lock, but the theater 7 side does. So they can know that if they all have to drop checks they have a place to print besides just the kitchen even after the ground floor is routed. -LB
BAR Staff Observations: There was an issue with a guest, Wyatt spoke with her, but she was somewhat unhinged. She complained that Jeshua didn't help her to her liking. He advised her to consult her tickets, he did tell her the theater. She came back afterwards and still had an issue with him and she took his picture. He was very upset with this. Tevon took over the bar and I gave him a break so he could cool off. This was after I spoke with him and T about taking time with guests and not just telling them to look at their email. To direct them more explicitly and help them. Jeshua and Tevon understand that. She had a bone to pick with him from the start. Jeshua is very concerned about her using the picture to enact violence against him. I said she is more likely to just email the photo to management. I told him that I would leave with him tonight and his safety is a priority. But I want to highlight, that sometimes guests reactions are completely unhinged and not the fault of our staff. They are friendly and helpful. Guests come with their own issues and biases. I implore anyone to spend a good chunk of a sample size in the lobby on a weekend during peak hours to see what I mean. We do our best to meet people with kindness, but some people are just looking for a fight. -LB
So that woman posted her review. I reported the photo as it is discrimination. Jeshua has trouble with guests asking him to help them find their theater from the tickets on their phone because he is visually impaired. We all know this. He cannot see anyone's phone from a distance, let alone at their own font size. Guests never specify what film time they are attending. This is a recurring issue for him and it is extremely disrespectful of her to assume that he is being rude. This is something he struggles with down there. At least, this was my suspicion of why she took the picture but that is also very fucked up. -LB
Held on to Sam through the 9pm lull since the 10pm show was well sold and I know Trees will get busy. Having everyone acclimate further to toast would be better. I gave them all micro assignments to do during the downtime. -LB
Yet again Lydia fails to listen to even the most basic instruction. When arriving today and not really getting to work with Toast much on launch day. I asked them to familiarize themselves with the handheld and POS first. They immediately started jumping into something else, I reiterated the assignment of taking the time to familiarize themselves with the interface since Tuesday. I also highlighted the need to check on food items being sent to the kitchen specifically if they stayed red and even if they turned yellow, since we can't be sure they are really sent but RED is obviously a no-go. Hours later they asked me to take Tots off a check since they had stayed red and the guest didn't get them. I said " they stayed red and you didn't even tell me? I told you to tell me right away if things stayed red." The absolute incomprehension or inability to focus on my direction when asked is frustrating. This is a restaurant environment and these tasks seem above the abilities or willingness of Lydia. Sam was very diligent about checking on guests to make sure they got the food that was sent. Gab also was great about this. The sheer inability to understand the most basic Red-Yellow-Green understanding is really mind-boggling. I also like to think of it as Ketchup, Mustard, Relish.-LB
FOH Staff Observations: The heart, teamwork and hustle I am seeing from these people today is considerably impressive. I respect all of them in a new light, I am not all that surprised but damn they are really working together. -LB
FOH Staff Observations: The heart, teamwork and hustle I am seeing from these people today is considerably impressive. I respect all of them in a new light, I am not all that surprised but damn they are really working together. -LB
14 racks of dishes coming down after one theater being cleared isn't really a good example of pre-bussing. Luckily the 9:15pm was empty and this didn't disrupt service, and I know they have an excuse, but it really isn't idea.-LB
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
Make sure the Gift Card Info clipboard makes its way back to the lobby from the office before doors. JH
86ed / counts on items: The DO NOT BATCH list is hearty. Hopefully we won't be 86ing things until closer to Friday.-LB
Prep List:
86ed / counts on items: The DO NOT BATCH list is hearty. Hopefully we won't be 86ing things until closer to Friday.-LB
Prep List:
Juiced a case of grapefruits and charged the GF Soda keg. Touched base with Lauren about menu change plans for batching. JH
Midnight Margs x 2, moving fast for the nighttime showtimes. -LB
Made last Paloma. Added to do not batch list.
Ian please make Arbol tequila and froco. -LB
Over/Short on Banks: The money shown is off for Trees at end of night but it was fine in the back. Seems like there are a couple drawers open for each at the moment. Rolling with it, no big deal. A flow chart for close outs would be nice eventually so we do it how you prefer.-LB
Pay Outs:
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Over/Short on Banks: The money shown is off for Trees at end of night but it was fine in the back. Seems like there are a couple drawers open for each at the moment. Rolling with it, no big deal. A flow chart for close outs would be nice eventually so we do it how you prefer.-LB
Pay Outs:
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Baldor arrived. JH
To Rise coming tomorrow or Monday (Straws, cocktail napkins, nufoam detergent, sanitabs)
Union coming Monday.-LB
Maintenance: The frozen machines, we assumed were repaired and never used again have not frozen the frozen coke I put in when I got here because we needed that chamber. So we need to troubleshoot this issue ASAP. I did not try the FWWM side, but the froco chamber is not working.-LB
Toast Issues: Lobby bar POS being able to print checks might also be helpful as an option. If you don't want us turning the kiosk around, it does not print auth slips.-LB
Maintenance: The frozen machines, we assumed were repaired and never used again have not frozen the frozen coke I put in when I got here because we needed that chamber. So we need to troubleshoot this issue ASAP. I did not try the FWWM side, but the froco chamber is not working.-LB
Toast Issues: Lobby bar POS being able to print checks might also be helpful as an option. If you don't want us turning the kiosk around, it does not print auth slips.-LB
A flow concern for Trees with the # for orders being put into every single food item being ordered is it is very time consuming to do this since this is with every single food ticket. It is inefficient for them as they can't put one number with a group of orders as they used to. If there is a work around for this putting it somewhere else. Or if we can just have runners use people's names or something. This needs some real consideration. Obviously coding to a table number is easier if people are actually going to sit where they say or if people use QR code self ordering for food in the lounge. But for now, if there could be a plausible spot to put our "table placard # " on the order ticket that could be used for the group of kitchen orders that could expedite some time for the bartenders when they are busy.-LB
Filmbot Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Comments
Post a Comment