Monday 9/7/26- Labor Day Gus/Ian



Manager Communication: 
Pretty sleepy morning. The lobby music was not coming on.

Aside from The Departed screening, very mellow Labor Day, sales wise. - IP

Customer Comments: 
I got a walkie call for the lobby. A guest was very distraught. They were in a TH6 of  Tony (1st round.) The pair were a special needs guest and their caretaker. It happened during the movie, she reported that her client (the lady with special needs) was finishing up her soda and the guest next to them passed comment and it sent the guest with special needs into a tailspin. The guest ended up running away, but their caretaker stayed back. They had their stuff in the theater. The caretaker was in shock and had a hard time explaining what happened, what they consumed and what they didn't. I comped their drinks- sent them credits, she kept complaining and asking about special accommodations for her client. We talked through it. I did my best to show empathy and compassion. The situation was strange as none of the servers knew it was happening or had happened. It was one persons word vs. another, and I couldn't speak to the other party at the time. The guest kept asking for food credits for the next time they were in- also couldn't tell me what they actually received/consumed. Upon speaking to Gabrielle post interaction, the guest was saying that their client tried to harm themselves after the interaction with the guest. After hearing this and given the insistence on the the guest for getting some sort of additional comp, I opted to comp their ticket. It just seemed like in the moment, juggling what I knew to be true vs the perception of what happened, I comped their food and drinks. It wasn't a ton. The ticket was H4. I didn't want us to be on the wrong end of something that could be bad PR or worse. I emailed the guest that their bill was fully comped and I was sorry about the situation and if there was anything else I could do to please let us know. -GS

Customer who was upset about the dessert in Th1 had a radio call for a manager after his show. He wasn't happy about the dessert with what he thought was mold. I spoke with him. I wasn't aware of what was happening with the situation, but he wanted his tickets refunded, we sent him credits. 

BAR Staff Observations: 
Solid open. I pushed Lydia back an hour so she could help with the majority of the Departed screening -GS

Lydia and Greg weer a very good team this evening. It was pretty chill, but they were both very on their games. Jeshua continues to be automatic in the lobby. Happy Labor Day. - IP

FOH Staff Observations: 
Michael Milandro is great. -GS

Hiring/Training: 
NA

Special Events: 
The Departed. Screening was well sold and had a decent pre-show crowd. It's a long movie so everyone vamoosed right after and we closed things down promptly. - IP

Prep List:
 
I made a Fro Co, but we are out of Citric Acid. I bought more, it should arrive tomorrow.
Didn't make Kings of Summer as Tevon felt they were good.

I asked kitchen if we could borrow a little bit of their citric acid to throw together four more FroCo's, so we should be totally fine until we are back up on Citric Acid for the bar. Aside from a couple of Trees Cocktail cheaters, we should be good to go for tomorrow. - IP

Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
 
Baldor came

Maintenance:
I'm not scheduled on Wednesday aside from the Toast training, so I'm planning on coming in a little early on Thursday to clean the machines and replace the temp gauge on the two-chamber frozen machine in Trees. Until then, definitely keep an eye on it and turn it back to motor on if it starts over-freezing. - IP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 11.22.25 Wicked Day 3 Jenn/Lauren

Jesse Sunday 1.5

Sunday 08.23.2026 Ian/Jenn