Monday 9/28/26 Lauren/Jenn



Manager Communication: 
Birdgate: well I am gutted I have not caught my new friend Jack Sparrow yet. He landed on my hat earlier and I thought our bond would carry us through. I will try again after this Coyote vs. Acme screening, but it is sad. I worry for his little well-being. He is a baby sparrow. -LB

There were no further bird sightings in Th4 this evening, and we opted not to leave out the birdseed bait cambro overnight in case some four-legged friends crawled in instead.  The cambro is in the liquor room if openers want to leave it in Th4 before doors to see if we can find out if our winged friend is still in Th4. JH 

Surprisingly busy Monday night.  The first three screenings in Th1/2 were fairly mellow, but the last three were almost completely sold out.  Definitely kept the service pass bustling from 6:30-9:30pm. JH

Customer Comments: 
Had two guests from the first round Th4 screening come to Lobby and ask for a refund on their tickets because they were distracted by the bird.  I spoke with them and let them know that we had made an announcement prior to the screening about the bird, and that was the time to request a refund since they had watched the entire film.  They sheepishly admitted that they had arrived late to the screening, and I offered them yellow passes for the future and they were pleased with that solution. JH

BAR Staff Observations: 
Once lobby got through their dinner push, Lydia floated up to Trees and Tevon held down lobby solo the rest of the evening.  Patrick, Danny, + Lydia did a really great job at Trees.  Patrick took the lead at the service bar for the first part of the evening and Lydia slid in while Patrick + Danny took care of the post-screening DJ crowd.  Really great communication across the board, a lot of proactive problem solving, and we put Fellowship of the Ring on so I had one of the best nights I have ever had at the service pass. JH

FOH Staff Observations: 
The servers are tired.  Even the ones who are on the more positive side of things are definitely feeling a bit rundown.  I will not be at Thursday's meeting, but would expect servers to have a lot to say, and would definitely suggest we have some sort of upper management response prepared so that the tasting meeting is not derailed. JH

Special Events? 
Lowkey special screening in Th2 for the second round that definitely brought a nice pre- and post-screening crowd to Trees. JH

Prep List: 
3 FWWM, 4 lemonades, midnight marg, Marg keg, GF keg, Froco, 2x Juniper syrup for NPP, 2x Juniper syrup for NWB, Burnt honey syrup.-LB

We need to make 2 bloody concentrates before next weekend (garlic and brine are in middle lowboy).

I juiced the naked grapefruits in the walk in, and made a big Simple Syrup. JH

Pay Outs: 
$100 (DJ) JH

Ordering/Receiving/Shipping: 
US Foods came. Baldor, Empire, Union. 

Maintenance: 
Lobby gate would not come down this evening.  We tried the double-button press + pull down from the middle trick, but it did not work.  The gate beeped a few times, but there was absolutely no movement. JH

Toast Issues: 
This evening, at the request of a server, I began writing seat numbers on the top of tickets at the service pass.  I was clear with them that I do not believe this is a sustainable long term solution, but by me taking the lead on that the service pass definitely had a lot less crowding.  

I apologize if this has been answered before, as I know it has been brought up before, but do we have a solution in the works?  Because it is pretty impossible to read the printed seat numbers when in a fully-lit room, let alone a theater mid-movie. JH  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 9/25/26 Gus/Jenn/Lauren

Saturday 11.22.25 Wicked Day 3 Jenn/Lauren

Sunday 08.23.2026 Ian/Jenn