Thursday 8/6/2026 Ian/Jenn
Manager Communication:
Got in a little early to escort the NuCo man through to the equipment - notes on that below in the maintenance section. Got a big baldor order put away after NuCo left, and also reorganized the walk-in and played keg Jenga. The walk-in looks lovely now. I also cleaned the machines and checked out the Fro-Co that was over-freezing - unsure why it is doing this, but it continues to act up. Switching between cold and slush intermittently is the only short term fix I can think of at the moment - the bar team is aware, and hopefully when Spidermania calms down I can give it a proper look-see. After all that, Becca and I opened up - first round was relatively mellow. - IP
The second round was busy at both bars, but the screenings were staggered in a way that each bar was busy when the other was more mellow, which made for a very smooth service. Spider-Man, The Odyssey, + The Invite continue to sell out their last round screenings. JH
BAR Staff Observations:
Danny and Gab opening on this sweatiest of Thursdays. - IP
Prep List:
Made three large cambros of simple syrup for batching (one of which I used for the lemonades) and have Arbol steeping. Threw together 10 lemonades before I got out of here to get the batch shift tomorrow a head start. - IP
Pay Outs:
BAR Staff Observations:
Danny and Gab opening on this sweatiest of Thursdays. - IP
Jeshua was feeling a bit under the weather, but he said he was able to work his shift so long as lobby got routed a little earlier. I was able to accommodate that, especially because all three ground floor theaters were well in to their service by the time 10:15pm rolled around. Had Gabrielle help out Trees for the second round, and then she floated back down to lobby to help Jeshua finish out the dinner round down there before she got out of here.
Danny continues to do great at the service pass, taking the lead for the majority of seatings tonight, and was able to get out of here once the last round Th1 Spider-Man had gotten past its initial service push. Matthew was able to close Trees without issue and gave himself a head start on stocking glassware for his opening shift tomorrow. JH
Prep List:
Made three large cambros of simple syrup for batching (one of which I used for the lemonades) and have Arbol steeping. Threw together 10 lemonades before I got out of here to get the batch shift tomorrow a head start. - IP
Got us set on Acid Blend + FroCo, so Matthew can concentrate on boozy batches during his prep shift tomorrow. JH
Pay Outs:
$50.00 (event talent) JH
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Baldor order arriving tomorrow morning. JH
Maintenance:
The NuCo Man (Tony - very nice guy) came by this morning at 9a - Lauren filled me in on the situation and I came in a little early around 10:20 to meet him and have him walk me through the issue. Within two minutes of inspection said, "Yep - [the compressor] is dead as a doornail." He immediately got on the phone with the company in Florida that has the replacement parts - he said it would take roughly two weeks to get the new pieces in and that the replacement would be easy. In the meantime we will be fine to keep running on emergency tanks - an extra of which he dropped off today. The meters are all at their ideal levels currently - but we will have to continue to monitor the tank levels and switch when needed. I'm not sure who we coordinate with about keeping up with that supply - will confer with full bar management team. Not the best solution but it's what we got! - IP
Maintenance:
The NuCo Man (Tony - very nice guy) came by this morning at 9a - Lauren filled me in on the situation and I came in a little early around 10:20 to meet him and have him walk me through the issue. Within two minutes of inspection said, "Yep - [the compressor] is dead as a doornail." He immediately got on the phone with the company in Florida that has the replacement parts - he said it would take roughly two weeks to get the new pieces in and that the replacement would be easy. In the meantime we will be fine to keep running on emergency tanks - an extra of which he dropped off today. The meters are all at their ideal levels currently - but we will have to continue to monitor the tank levels and switch when needed. I'm not sure who we coordinate with about keeping up with that supply - will confer with full bar management team. Not the best solution but it's what we got! - IP
We did not need to transfer to the new back up tank this evening. I will keep an eye on it when we open tomorrow, as it is definitely low. JH
The Th7 printer at lobby bar was making some grinding sounds that it normally doesn't, but overall was able to print tickets as normal. I didn't see anything that may have been causing the sound, and the paper printed without issue. JH
Comments
Post a Comment