Monday 08.17.26 Jenn/Lauren/Ian
Manager Communication: Big softball presence tonight at Trees Lounge.-LB
Trees was slammed from 7-10. Softball and "Blind Fury" crowd ordered a ton of food. The runner team did a good job for the most part - could be a little more careful with mixing up duplicate food items - when trees gets a lot of one-off burgers and chicken sandwiches they will occasionally get dropped off to the wrong flag number, because that guest says "oh yes, I ordered a burger too!" or something like that - just a little more discernment with the flag numbers would be awesome. - IP
BAR Staff Observations: On my way out at 9:15 Ian was in the service well and asked Thursdae and another server to tray up, but he had lots of tickets out, I offered to help. Took off my bad. 4/6 was popping off as it was well sold. I got behind the bar to help with service as Greg was busy. The service well below the main taps was COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN AT 9pm. I asked Greg if he did it, he said Lydia did, but they asked about it. This makes zero sense. Now we can't even help with a service push quickly. This is so countservice on many levels. The bar is full of people. The rack for the second tower of beer is in the dishpit in the way of doing dishes. I am annoyed to say the least. What logic does this employ? - LB
My experience of this situation was different - I was comfortable to be behind the bar dealing with the surge of service tickets while Greg was busy with the guests at the bar. I asked Thursdae to tray up because they and Emma (new server) were letting finished tickets sit at the pass and I know Thursdae to be reliable and capable of traying up. The amount of tickets was not overwhelming to the point that service was going to be affected. Lauren jumped in to help with the 4/6 tickets while I was at the pass completing 1/2 tickets - this is where having the well under the taps can be helpful, so 4/6 sodas can be made there by the additional help. That well being closed did not present an issue from my point of view, as I was prepared to complete all of the tickets at both service passes and needed only the one well, while Greg handled the guests with the central cocktail well.
The influx of guests coupled with a surprising burst of service tickets (which is - fortunately! - happening pretty much every night at Trees) presented a moment of needing to bail out the boat. The situation was, in my opinion, very manageable and everything got where it was supposed to be - we were briefly in the weeds and we got ourselves out.
The main thing here is understanding that we don't really have any slow nights at Trees lounge anymore, and when the theaters are packed and the service bar is demanding a massive amount of attention, we simply need more hands - whether that is a bar MOD to jump in to crank out service tickets, or another bartender scheduled to help out. On nights where we traditionally have a full roster of bartenders (Th, Fr, Sat), these issues become much easier to navigate without demanding a ton of barbacking/bussing/stocking and long, long shifts from the bartenders or a ton of bartending from the managers. I'd be happy to share any thoughts I have about ways to help alleviate this feeling of always having too much to do and too little time. - IP
FOH Staff Observations:
Ace is aptly named. Totally aces as a server. - IP
Special Events?
Softball Mondays are massive and unscheduled. This, coupled with very busy special screenings that don't get going until 9p or later, makes having one of the opening bartenders come in for a batch shift at 11a tough ask to have enough hands behind the bar on a Monday. If we could either have an additional bartender or have the batch shift be separate and not attached to an additional 8+ hour shift, we would hopefully alleviate burnout for those working those shifts, and those who have to take on the brunt of the workload when that bartender is leaving before things get actually busy. - IP
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
I have some thoughts for this upcoming meeting. Looking forward to it! - IP
86ed / counts on items:
Wormhole B'Fast - 76 - IP
86ed / counts on items:
Wormhole B'Fast - 76 - IP
Prep List:
Tevon got through the majority of the prep list this morning, so I caught us up on GF Oleo (strain tomorrow after 5:30pm) and Kings of Summer. JH
BATCH GODSSSSS - IP
Pay Outs:
7903 - Event Talent - $50 - IP
Pay Outs:
7903 - Event Talent - $50 - IP
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Baldor arrived. Looks like there was a glitch on Baldor's end where they sent double the amount of passion fruit puree we had ordered. We are now stocked for the foreseeable passion fruit puree future, and maybe more stocked than I've ever seen. Lauren spoke with our rep, Jared, to let him know about the issue. JH
We got the product for the Trees Lounge event.-LB
US foods coming tomorrow.-LB
Maintenance:
The Th7 service pass printer was making its rumbly grumbly sounds again during the first round today. No tickets were missed, and the issue seems to be recurring irregularly over the past two or so weeks. It's neither a paper nor thermal issue, so it may be a mechanical one. JH
We got the replacement piece for the gun at lobby bar. - LB
I tried to get to installing the replacement piece for the gun, but Trees had other plans. The box with the parts is in the lobby next to the frozen machines. - IP
Comments
Post a Comment