Sunday 7.19.2026 Ian/Lauren
Manager Communication:
Opened with Wyatt. Calm before the storm. Gonna make sure Trees is stocked to the gills. - IP
Odyssey rushes are manageable - Gab being in for the first push was very helpful to be ready for the World Cup Final. - IP
We needed everybody and they all stepped up their game. Danny, Gab, Greg and (after Darius got here) Tevon all were needed for glassware/order taking/drink making/all the stuff. Great teamwork. - IP
I think that the tables in Trees have been lovely for business. However the size and configuration of these particular tables and chairs are a little difficult for real business levels. I think if it is feasible in a fiscal sense to consider some mid level high tops, we should. But I understand if spending right now is not ideal. I think if we keep some of them out, that can work, but the bulk of the chairs with people at the bar makes for difficult bussing and movement when it comes to Saturday night etc. Obviously I am on team Trees Lounge glow up. I do think the expense would pay for itself. I also think that having QR code menus is a must, it has been a real confusing time with service for some guests. We have also had more issues with people wanting to get extra sauces etc after they have closed out. So having a way to troubleshoot the guest facing experience at Trees would be a positive impact on an area of business that is growing for us. I do think having Toast there will give us a lot of helpful abilities and maybe people will keep tabs open longer. I am familiar with the QR code ordering system on toast that could also be advantageous for Trees possibly. -LB
Rebecca and James were everywhere tonight. They covered so many areas of business for the building. Really amazing. Just totally this night would have not happened without them.-LB
Customer Comments: Got called at around 10:15pm that the women's room in the lobby was in need of attention. I knew that Markenson was on his way out so rather than walkie him as he was getting changed to go home I opted to go handle it myself. Unfortunately the floor was very wet and I immediately slipped on the floor and smashed my knee on the ground. I will be filling out an incident report since I have hurt my knee in this manner in the past.
The bathroom was not in great shape. It had not been like that an hour earlier. A diaper was on the floor of one stall. The built in garbage cans don't really close and with the size of the rest rooms it is pretty disgusting to use later in the day as some of the contents are visible. The ADA bathroom had stuff all over the floor. I don't know if we need to go so far as having a sign off sheet hourly on the bathroom doors, I know that the FOH porter staff is overloaded. And even if they check on the ladies room, it can be a 30 minute period of a few guests that get it back to unreasonably unmaintained. I think that it can get slippery in both ladies' rooms since a lot of guests just leave the water running and drip water when they get paper towels. Leaving a mat in there, as we do for rain could be a good tactic, obviously I am the only winner who falls on the regular but I fear that guests could also easily slip, but again it seems to be only me. -LB
BAR Staff Observations: Team is just gelled and working together like a dream. They play better than Argentina and Spain.-LB
FOH Staff Observations: Runners bringing food to Trees fail to retrieve the order number placards then complain of not being able to find table numbers, namely Ben. It would be easier to find particular numbers if there weren't a sea of placards that aren't even in use any further. Furthermore, when the bar is this busy, we need to get them back to recirculate them for new people ordering food. While I understand runners don't like to speak to guests or seem helpless. It would be important for them to understand that working in a customer service industry, this will sometimes pop up. Last night Ben came to the pass and just gave up and didn't even try to deliver pretzel dawgs to guests because there wasn't a number. Despite it being slow at Trees lounge. I get that walking around and asking if someone ordered something isn't ideal, but he is a lead. He gives up so easily and I feel it is an extremely poor example for the runners under him. The runners get tipped out for bar service and they act like Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer. -LB
BAR Staff Observations: Team is just gelled and working together like a dream. They play better than Argentina and Spain.-LB
FOH Staff Observations: Runners bringing food to Trees fail to retrieve the order number placards then complain of not being able to find table numbers, namely Ben. It would be easier to find particular numbers if there weren't a sea of placards that aren't even in use any further. Furthermore, when the bar is this busy, we need to get them back to recirculate them for new people ordering food. While I understand runners don't like to speak to guests or seem helpless. It would be important for them to understand that working in a customer service industry, this will sometimes pop up. Last night Ben came to the pass and just gave up and didn't even try to deliver pretzel dawgs to guests because there wasn't a number. Despite it being slow at Trees lounge. I get that walking around and asking if someone ordered something isn't ideal, but he is a lead. He gives up so easily and I feel it is an extremely poor example for the runners under him. The runners get tipped out for bar service and they act like Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer. -LB
Server team just has some real heroes today. Isobel, Justin, Siete. Caught Alex on his phone at the pass and asked him instead to bus Trees with his free time. Positive vibes coming back from that interaction.-LB
Hiring/Training:
Sick Leave/ Call outs:
Special Events?
World Cup Final - ESP vs ARG - IP
Hiring/Training:
Sick Leave/ Call outs:
Special Events?
World Cup Final - ESP vs ARG - IP
Trees was PACKED for the final. Perfectly staffed for the onslaught of in-person business and very busy drink rushes for The Odyssey. - IP
Happy to hear that.-LB
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
86ed / counts on items:
Prep List:
Had Tevon make some extra Arbol Tequila for prep tomorrow. - IP
86ed / counts on items:
Prep List:
Had Tevon make some extra Arbol Tequila for prep tomorrow. - IP
Ian doubled up Odyssey this morning as it is very popular. I made Summer cooler and the last find Maui special, so we should lose that Friday.-LB
R&D comp checks: 1.98 x3 buyback of in vivo at cost for staff, I will be dumping it, $23.00 spillage of toy story special, 13.12 summertime cooler spillage. -LB
Over/Short on Banks:
Trees bank was $1 over this morning - I put the dollar in the cash box envelope. - IP
Pay Outs:
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
We got more sugar, PF Puree and one bottle of Yuzu from Baldor. - IP
To Rise coming tomorrow-LB
Maintenance:
Mobilebytes Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Comments
Post a Comment