Saturday 07.18 Jenn/Lauren
Manager Communication:
Busy right from the jump today on all three floors. Sold out service rushes at both bars, and the timing of the Th1/2 screenings really helped move things along smoothly. Bartenders are definitely becoming more proactive about getting out and bussing the floor when possible. JH
We are definitely killing this Odyssey special so keep those Collins glasses moving and those oranges sliced.-LB
Customer Comments:
Around 3:30 a guest came to Trees and let us know that one of his sons had an accident up on the Mezz. He was super apologetic and offered to clean it up, but I looped in Markenson who thoroughly mopped it up. I gave the dad some warm water and a rag to help his son clean up a bit before they went home, and he was very thankful. I know things like this happen rarely (thankfully), but maybe we could stock some baby wipes in the office or bar storage? They're a little more gentle than bar rags and c-folds. JH
At 9:45pm there was a man at Trees Lounge fully out of his flip flops. I asked him to please put on his shoes as it is a DOH violation. He ignored me. So I asked him again a minute later. He said yeah, and ignored me further. I walkied for Michael. He continued to act like a Kindergartner to Michael. I was summoned over because the guests said I was being rude. I replied, I am being very neutral, I have a lot of guests in the building that need a lot of things. I don't have the time to play Kindergarten teacher, I asked you to keep your shoes on and you did not want to. We have broken glass in here and again, it is a violation. They continued to tell me how this is rude (calling for security) to which I stated this is not rude. They seemed to be Australian. They had old drinks and left shortly after this situation. It is very tiresome how every guest interaction is some circular childish game. Michael was so helpful and calm. I love how getting security is rude after you deliberately ignore management.-LB
BAR Staff Observations:
Duan held down lobby mostly solo for the first two rounds and was incredibly self sufficient, really great work. When Jeshua came in, they did a restock and unloaded all the glassware they could, and Duan got out of here. Matthew was a Trees opener champion and Sam slid right into service when they got here at noon. Matthew really took the lead and directed most of what was getting done and when, which is always great to see. When Patrick got in, Trees got another reset and I was able to knock out some batching. Before I cut Matthew I had him unload all the glassware at Trees, and then he was out the door. JH
Team work dream work today. They make it look easy, although it sure is hard work. Lots to restock. These specials are flying. Glassware in heavy circulation. We got a little spoiled having Natasha at the service pass for the later rushes, just killing 1/2 and 4/6 at the same time. Lots of hot coffee going out and no issue with it being hot and ready.-LB
FOH Staff Observations:
Servers needed some encouragement to proactively bus glassware during the first two rounds, but will hopefully fall back into the habit as we settle into Odyssey screenings. Matthew unloaded twenty grey racks of glassware before doors, which definitely kept us ahead during the initial service pushes. JH
Shout out to Justin C. I don't think I have ever seen him not actively working or helping someone out, and he always has a great attitude. Absolute gem. JH
Had a situation during the second round Th1 rush at Trees where Meghan came down from a theater holding food for a guest at Trees, but apparently had no clue how to run it. Rebecca N. was traying drinks, I was expo'ing and grabbing ice, and Meghan just kind of stood there and announced she had food. I asked if there was a Trees ticket, which she affirmed, and I then asked if there was a number on it, which she also confirmed. I then told her to run the food to that number, and she was quite offended and said she had never run food at Trees before, and then just continued to stand there. I don't know why a server was running food instead of a runner if that server did not know how to run food at Trees, and it was needlessly disruptive to a very busy service push. Ultimately, Rebecca had to run the food and Meghan pulled a stank face before returning to her server station. JH
Whatever server squad you had in Th1's second round taking tables did an amazing job at pacing out drink orders during their initial greet. It was poetry in motion. JH
I would say the pacing has been premium all around. We got short on Collins glasses, so I broke out a case of 48.-LB
Isobel just helps the team out with dishes and unloading glasses. -LB
Special Events?
The impromptu first round Toy Story 5 birthday party folks had a lovely time. Very chill set up and they were absolutely beaming when they left. JH
Another impromptu birthday for a 6 month old was somewhat more annoying. I had event plates out that got mixed in with regular plateware. But we got the cake fee and they had a lovely time. Just needed to tell everyone where to properly store their strollers.-LB
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
With the combo of sold out Th1/2 service pushes and the new Trees table layout drawing in more guests, solitary Trees tickets do get lost in the shuffle. Totally understandable, because food trays were nonstop. I spoke to Jeremy about it and we think we could bring back bar marking all food orders as RUSH would help. JH
86ed / counts on items: bar prep disco ball.-LB
86ed / counts on items: bar prep disco ball.-LB
Prep List:
Made Acid Blend + 1/2 Evil Dead + Find Maui + Grapefruit Soda + Odyssey Spritz + Negroni + Simple Syrup. JH
Iced Tea Concentrate-LB
R&D comp checks:
Over/Short on Banks:
Pay Outs: $2 short at Trees.
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Maintenance: I was told that there is some black sludge under the dri deck at Trees, Patrick suspects maybe a soda syrup leak from those tubes. I will investigate tomorrow night when Jeshua begins his deep clean.-LB
Mobilebytes Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
R&D comp checks:
Over/Short on Banks:
Pay Outs: $2 short at Trees.
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Baldor arrived. JH
Chef Andre needed to get Baldor tomorrow so we have a few things coming to help get to the minimum, white sugar, Passion fruit puree that can get frozen and Yuzu super juice.-LB
Chef Andre needed to get Baldor tomorrow so we have a few things coming to help get to the minimum, white sugar, Passion fruit puree that can get frozen and Yuzu super juice.-LB
Maintenance: I was told that there is some black sludge under the dri deck at Trees, Patrick suspects maybe a soda syrup leak from those tubes. I will investigate tomorrow night when Jeshua begins his deep clean.-LB
Mobilebytes Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Comments
Post a Comment