Saturday 01.04.25 Jenn/Lauren/Ian
Manager Communication:
Howl's Moving Castle started us off with a sold out Th1 and service was great (lots of tea and coffee). Sales look similar for tomorrow, so definitely have three urns of coffee prepped before doors. The Miyazaki crowd faithfully show up for our brunch screenings. JH
I think the mezzanine sign is super helpful at establishing the boundary of age after 7pm. Could we consider codifying the no people under 21 in Trees lounge after 7pm?
Is the entire building in retrograde, what a weird day.-LB
Dang, we are ROCKIN'! Super busy night - almost everything sold out or close to it, and we went through a TON of product. We were well staffed behind the bar and the managerial presence was calm and easy - James and Jared were aces. Tomorrow is going to be precarious as far as our 86 list goes - I expect to run out of some of stuff - IP
Customer Comments:
Had a party in the 11:45 Th5 Moana 2 who were very upset when I could not sell a ticket to a latecomer in their party about thirty or so minutes after showtime. I explained the policy, and that there were no tickets left near their party in the theater. They told me this was 'bullshit' and then returned to their theater. Just a heads up in case they email. JH
Lauren and I were chatting, and we thought maybe having one of those portable charging lockers at the bars for the geniuses who want to charge their phone behind the bar during their movie. It's increasingly something the bar team gets asked. Just a thought. - IP
BAR Staff Observations: Gab and I were talking and she floated a pretty good idea. If there are servers that are interested in learning some bar stuff, we could have them bar back on Fri, Sat, Sun and if it is slow they can float to help flip theaters. Obviously this is not an idea worth implementing going into the slow season, but could be a good idea for the next big film release schedule. It would reduce some of the physicality that makes the long bar shifts needed a little easier.-LB
Lydia asked me before 7pm what time she would be getting out. I told her we would need her for at least the first two seatings that were sold out downstairs. She was pushed upstairs to help at Trees when it was rocking. She then asked Ian when she might be getting out. She was sent back down to lobby bar to get through the last sold out push downstairs since they are drinking a lot. It is also sort of difficult to be of assistance to Lobby bar when they burn one of the ice wells before 3 sold out shows. I understand they want to get ahead of cleaning but it often comes at the cost of efficiency. -LB
BAR Staff Observations: Gab and I were talking and she floated a pretty good idea. If there are servers that are interested in learning some bar stuff, we could have them bar back on Fri, Sat, Sun and if it is slow they can float to help flip theaters. Obviously this is not an idea worth implementing going into the slow season, but could be a good idea for the next big film release schedule. It would reduce some of the physicality that makes the long bar shifts needed a little easier.-LB
Lydia asked me before 7pm what time she would be getting out. I told her we would need her for at least the first two seatings that were sold out downstairs. She was pushed upstairs to help at Trees when it was rocking. She then asked Ian when she might be getting out. She was sent back down to lobby bar to get through the last sold out push downstairs since they are drinking a lot. It is also sort of difficult to be of assistance to Lobby bar when they burn one of the ice wells before 3 sold out shows. I understand they want to get ahead of cleaning but it often comes at the cost of efficiency. -LB
FOH Staff Observations:
I think servers might need a reminder on volume. If you are so loud in the stairwell that we are allowed to eat on and I can hear you when opening Theater 2, you are too loud. Also yelling about how much someone tipped on a check across Lobby bar from theater 7 is tacky.
Abe needs to be reminded to step back when managers are there to help tray up drinks.-LB
Raekwon is the best.-LB
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
Staff Meeting Agenda notes:
Signage forbidding minors from Trees Lounge after 7pm. -LB
Let's get some Cocchi Americano back behind the bar for cocktailing! - IP
86ed / counts on items:
86ed / counts on items:
86'd Ommegang. JH
We are seemingly out of St. Germain so we are unable to batch more Elphaba. -LB
BEERS:
86 Pilsner, 86 Narragansett,
1 keg left of: 3 Floyds, Singlecut, Rockaway, Hudson, Evil Twin - all tapped today
2 kegs left of: Finback, Maduro
COCKTAILS:
86 Empirical Spirit - very little Spirit of Comfort in walkin. - IP
Prep List: I batched 4x razz cacao syrup and a batch of spirit of comfort, will likely make another once the syrup fully cools. Half batch Project Shadow, Positively 4th st, cherry limeade slushie.
Gus asked me to go through and see if any of our one off bottles could be used in batches. So far I labeled two bottles of vodka that can go into the Espresso Martini. -LB
I labeled a rum and two tequilas that could be used in FWWM and DMC. Gus there are two combier triple sec, lmk if you want to use them in any FWWM batching to unload. -LB
I made an OF and a double Spirit of Comfort, which is the last we can make until we get more Empirical Plum. -LB
Made 3 lemonades and a cherry limeade.-LB
I am always happy to batch, but we had no Lead bartenders after the openers left. If we are open to promoting a bartender or two.-LB
I made some more bloody mix, some more simple syrup, and some cherry limeade.
FIRST THING TOMORROW: Arbol Tequila, Bloody Concentrate, Positively 4th Street - sorry I wasn't able to get to those odds and ends. It was crazy all night.
- IP
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Baldor shorted us a case of 4x1gallon lemon juice, but we should get through until Monday just fine with what we have in house. The credit has already been processed on Bevager. JH
I will place a baldor order tomorrow. I did not have a chance to do any invoices today.-LB
Maintenance: I labeled the shelves in the walk-in with NA stuff on the bottom shelf (this is helpful since those are the spilliest ones and we can mop under them) and alcoholic batches on middle shelf.
Maintenance: I labeled the shelves in the walk-in with NA stuff on the bottom shelf (this is helpful since those are the spilliest ones and we can mop under them) and alcoholic batches on middle shelf.
Patrick mentioned needing new brushes for the bar sinks so I will order those. I am also going to get a wide-mouth funnel for those of us (me) with a spill heavy nature.
I also would like to order an ice bucket. Ian busted out a case of pint glasses, I ordered a case of them from Webstaurant. I ordered 3 8Q cambros since we use a lot of them. I saved the check clips for later that were in the cart at Webstaurant. -LB
Ian swapped out a walkie charger for Trees Lounge since theirs failed to charge their walkie.-LB
Ian swapped out a walkie charger for Trees Lounge since theirs failed to charge their walkie.-LB
Comments
Post a Comment