Friday 6/4 Nick
Manager Communication: Good night tonight. Crimes of the Future didn't get very busy, so it was a little on the slow side, but Top gun brought out some drinkers. The bar was steady all night, everyone was great through service.
Customer Comments: I dealt with a customer in the last round with an apple pay issue. She did not have her card on her, so asked on the way in if she could pay with apple pay or with her credit card number. She was told to pay in the theater with her credit card number. Then in the theater she was told she would have to use apple pay at the bar. She came out to talk to me and let me know that she felt very anxious about how things were being handled, and could hear servers talking about her in the server station. She said she couldn't focus on the movie because now she felt like people thought she was trying to do something wrong, and so just wanted to settle up then. Then just as we were making the transaction her phone died. She looked like she was about to cry, so I told her we would take care of the bill. She was very nice about everything, and I think it is too bad that everything was handled in such a way that made her feel like she was being scrutinized. We spoke to Kelsey and Wyatt about not letting the annoyance of a situation affect how they deal with a customer. And also that they need to keep their voices down in server stations, always, but especially when discussing anything sensitive, like customer interactions. I know no one in this situation meant to make this woman feel badly, but things could have been handled across the board to make her feel accommodated rather than tolerated.
BAR Staff Observations: I spoke to Tevon tonight about cash handling when he gave me his bank. He was $16 over, and he was also over last night. He also ran a card on the wrong tab at one point and it had to be voided, and I had to ask him to start a tab for an employee at the bar. While there is no way to know for sure, I would guess that the cash overages are from drinks he made that he did not ring in. I let him know that he needs to be more careful with his POS transactions, and always to ring everything as he goes. He understood and assured me that he would pay more attention going forward.
FOH Staff Observations: More details in the FOH blog, but we had several issues tonight with guests coming out after the films in multiple theaters saying there were disruptive customers including some shouting. None of them flagged servers, but also no servers observed anything going on, which means they are not spending enough time in the theater.
Comments
Post a Comment