Sunday 7/26/2026 Ian/Lauren
Manager Communication:
Opened with Wyatt. Sundays on Fire and the first screening of the Odyssey had good drink rushes. Helped out Tevon with those until Patrick got in at 2:15. Once Darius gets here at 3:45, I'm going to swing Danny up to Trees, and then when Jeshua gets in, we can go from there. - IP
See below, but Danny still swung up to Trees and we got Tevon out of here around 5:30ish. All was well in the kingdom. - IP
The Three's line was tapped with the line arrow up, which will cause massive foam. I swapped kegs to mitigate the foam party, so hopefully it will settle down. Important to note it should be down for MODs that don't normally tap kegs. -LB
There are shit prints in the men's room at Tree's lounge. This was brought to our attenion around 11:30 pm. So someone managed to miss the bowl and then themselves step on it and walk out of the stall. These sort of things come up after we cut the FOH porter on weekend nights. Men are gross. Rebecca used google translate to ask Junior and Mamadou to take care of it. -LB
Customer Comments: Helped a guest at lobby bar that wanted to buy a sticker or a Nitehawk pin, ultimately they bought a beanie. I told them we would consider that on our next merch launch.-LB
BAR Staff Observations:
Patrick's in time was pushed from 12:30 to 2:15 when I cut Duan's shift - he acknowledged and said thank you. At 2:11, I received a text from Patrick saying he had fallen back asleep and wouldn't be able to get here until 3:45. The theaters were busy, but Trees remained mellow, so Tevon and I were able to handle it just the two of us, and Danny was an absolute star in the lobby. Patrick arrived right at 3:45 and I wrote him up. Jeshua subsequently was 32 minutes late for his shift today and I also wrote him up. Both write ups were signed by the recipients, and placed in their files. - IP
Today's team really filled in the gaps of the weird schedule changes. Ian kept the team together and really kept everyone, including me remotely. Busy rushes here and there but largely slow overall with the weather. -LB
FOH Staff Observations: Lots of runners conversing at DW2 today. I had to tell Mo to run a sundae he was HOLDING IN HIS HAND while he had a conversation with George2. I said you are holding a sundae that is melting, please run that. To which he said " good point". Not impressed with the common sense on the new runner hires. Hopefully the leads can get them into Nitehawk shape.-LB
Hiring/Training: Runners at DW2 somehow got their hands on the bar specific masking tape that is in the liquor room. I grabbed it when I was labeling an OF keg that was not labeled in the walk-in when I was making the batch list. So they might need to be reminded where to find supplies and not grab the masking tape that is in the liquor room. As it is special. -LB
Sick Leave/ Call outs:
Duan called out looking for coverage - I made the call to cut his shift and push Patrick back to 2:15. Most of the building is pretty chill aside from the 6:30 and 8:30 Odyssey's. Danny has volunteered to stick around to help get through the dinner round, and then the 8:30 screening should be totally manageable for Patrick and Jeshua. Given the modest sales throughout the rest of the building, we will have enough hands on to not feel short-handed. - IP
Special Events?
Sundays on Fire was really well sold, and a lot of folks came out to hang after the screening. - IP
Staff Meeting Agenda notes: I listen to a pop culture podcast called "Every Outfit" and they live in LA. They were talking about the reopening of the Arclight Cinema by Alamo on this week's episode and they mentioned us. They said "Nitehawk is like an upscale Alamo." Pretty cool shout out from two people that don't even live in NYC anymore. -LB
86ed / counts on items:
Prep List:
Snap Pea Syrup, Summer Cooler. Otherwise should be good to go.
Batch list on board for Tevon. I pushed his in-time tomorrow as it is a smaller list than usual.-LB
R&D comp checks: Did some fall R&D with Patrick and Darius tonight.-LB
Over/Short on Banks:
Pay Outs:
Lost & Found?:
Ordering/Receiving/Shipping:
Was able to get our Snap Peas - they were hiding in the kitchen walk-in, and Chef Jared pointed them out to me. Going to make more Snap Pea Syrup. - IP
Baldor coming tomorrow-LB
Looks like Union is coming tomorrow too-LB
Maintenance: Leak in theater 3 coming through the vent. I text MV and he knows. I looked through the tiny door attached to the ADA stall in Trees Ladies room, couldn't see anything obvious. I shut off Theater 3 AC for the night so if it is the AC it will stop leaking. If it is something else, we can know that too.-LB
The ladies room lobby has some seats needing tightening. Added to doc. -LB
Mobilebytes Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Mobilebytes Issues:
Filmbot Issues:
Comments
Post a Comment